Students Living Out of State

Northampton Community College is an accredited institution of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is authorized by the state of Pennsylvania.


As a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements NCC offers online courses and internships to students located in other SARA member states, in accordance with the provisions of SARA. The state in which a student resides while completing an educational activity, (internship or an online course,) has authority to regulate the activity. If you live in California, Florida, or Massachusetts and wish to register for one of NCC's online offerings or participate in an internship/clinical placement, please contact us before registering to confirm if we offer those options in your state by calling 610.861.5500.


Out of state students who have a comment or wish to share feedback should follow procedures found on the concerns and complaints page. In the unlikely event NCC is not able to resolve your issue, students in SARA member states may lodge an appeal with the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Students in non-SARA states may use the complaint process in their own state.


In the unlikely event that an issue cannot be resolved by the college, students may file a complaint with their respective State Licensing Authority. For online students, the state agency would generally correspond with the student's state of residence. These agencies should be contacted only after the student has registered a complaint with the college and has not received a response to the request for resolution. Please see the accompanying guidelines to file a complaint with your local State


Licensure Programs

If you are a Northampton or Monroe County student living outside of Pennsylvania or intending to complete an internship or clinical placement outside of the state in a NCC program leading to professional licensure, you should review requirements on the state board website to make sure that the program qualifies.


Licensure requirements vary from state to state and you may require additional authorization from the professional licensing agency in that state. Participating in a program from outside of Pennsylvania, if not properly authorized by that state's professional licensing board, could result in loss of licensing eligibility. If you need help or have questions, please contact your program's academic department for more information.


International Students and those studying abroad

Northampton Community College makes every effort to comply with international regulations related to distance education. If you are participating in an online course outside of the United States, please review that country's regulations regarding online/distance education.


Several of NCC's online courses require proctored testing. This testing must occur within the United States and you should review course requirements prior to registering. If you enroll in a course without complying with proctored testing requirements you cannot complete the course.